Shimano Curado K Baitcasting Fishing Reel
This fishing reel is built tournament tough, it has the benchmark for reliability and durability. Generations of anglers have looked to this reel as their trusted partner. Shimano gives you more than ever with the new Curado K series reels. Now featuring the latest in Shimano technology, such as super smooth, efficient, durable MicroModule gearing, and offered in multiple gear ratios up to 8.5:1, Curado builds on its legacy as the ‘go-to’ baitcasting reel for both fresh and saltwater action.
• Micro Module Gear – The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
• X-Ship – Provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear is eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
• Hagane Body – The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminate body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
• SVS Infinity – The SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control, and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting, especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
• CI4+ – The new CI4+ is the next generation of Shimano’s CI4 material and 250% stronger. It is over one and a half times stronger than Shimano’s normal XT-7 graphite and is over 20% lighter. Because it does not contain metal, it is also impervious to rust. So, as a result of its strength and weight, it allows Shimano to create an extremely lightweight reel with very precise tolerances.
• Super Free Spool – SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment.
• Super Stopper – Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
• A-RB – These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
• Fishing Reels Type: Baitcast Reel
• Fishing Method: Bait Casting
• Baits Type: Fake Bait
• Gear Ratio: 6.2:1
• Ball Bearings: 6+1BB
• Gear Ratio: 6.2:1/7.4:1/8.5:1
• Weight: 215g/220g
• Maximum Drag: 11LBS
• Brand Name: Shimano
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
• 1 x Shimano Curado K Baitcasting Fishing Reel
All orders are processed within 24 hours, standard shipping times 2 – 3 weeks delivery.
For questions or comments, please contact us.